|Ben van 't Ende|
Introduction & Sponsor
- Recorded at the TYPO3 Developer Days 2013 in Hamburg.
- The awesome mobile recording equipment was sponsored by jweiland.net – thanks!
Guests: Ben & Anja
- Ben van ‘t Ende (@benvantende) – TYPO3 Community Manager
- Anja Leichsenring (@maddy2101) – One of the Extbase team leaders
Women in the community
- Anja: It was easy to come into the community.
- Ben: Estimated 1-2% women in the community. In general projects benefit from a good women-men-balance.
- Anja: Sometimes I’m the guard for manners.
- Ben: We think about having day care at events or even discount vouchers on event fees for women.
- Anja: I do better in male dominated groups and can take bad jokes.
- We are a white male community – what can we do about it?
- Anja: If harassment happens, people have to stand up against it.
- Ben: We have a really friendly and social community.
- Sebastian: There’s always room for improvement. Look how other communities and events handle it. Good example: Anti Harassment Policy of the CCC. Bad example: Creeper Cards on the 29C3 event (not re:publica, sorry).
Episode title image: CC BY-SA 2.0 http://www.flickr.com/photos/doctorow/7677121484/