Attention: The recording of this episode happened some time ago.
Introduction & Sponsor
- Recorded at the TYPO3 Developer Days 2013 in Hamburg.
- The mobile recording studio I used there was sponsored by jweiland.net.
- Michael Stucki (@stucki)
- TYPO3 server team leader
Tasks of the server team
- Earlier different Companies managed different projects and websites on their own.
- Starting at the T3DD11 most of the infrastructure was collected under the umbrella of the new team.
Forge and Versioning
- The team converts SVN based projects to git on request. It’s also possible to use the Gerrit review system for your project.
- The teams works on upgrading Forge – it’s difficult
- Use Git, because it’s better and makes the server team’s lives easier
- The mailing lists are also available as newsgroups
- And there’s even a forum interface that is in sync with the mailing lists.
- Debian Update on all Servers
- Maybe a system similar to stackoverflow. questions.typo3.org?